This map shows most of the country’s 80 provinces. Several provinces are not displayed for some reason. For example, Batanes, the northermost province, is neither displayed nor identified.
Here’s another map from Wikipedia.
Some quick stats from the CIA Factbook:
- Land Area: 300,000 square kilometers
- Coastline: 36,000 kilometers
- Population: 102 million (July 2011 estimate)
- Median Age: 23 years
- Area: 17,000 square kilometers
- Population: 900,000 (August 2007)
- Population of Puerto Princesa: 220,000 (August 2007)
What about the rest of the province, i.e., excluding Puerto Princesa? Again, according to the NSO, the two most and two least populous municipalities are:
- Narra: 63,000
- Brooke’s Point: 62,000
- El Nido: 30,000
- Balabac: 30,000
One surprising statistic: the median age in Palawan is only 18 years!
You can enlarge these maps!